Tips and Practices to follow with MacBook Airs and Securly Content Filter
We realize that students and parents may be having issues with the MacBook Air computers that are being sent home from school. Here are some tips and suggestions to try if your student is having problems:
- Restart your computer to get everything “talking” again.
- Make sure that your student signed out of their logan326.net account and signs in again after they are on their home network.
- Go to www.cnn.com to make sure you have internet connection. Then, go on to any other sites after that.
- Make sure cookies are allowed in all browsers:
- For Safari: Open Safari>go to Safari in the top menu bar>pull down to Preferences>go to Privacy tab>under Cookies and website data: choose always allow. Click the red button to close that window.
- For Firefox: Open Firefox>go to Preferences>Privacy (it looks like a mask)>make sure Remember History is chosen in the pull down menu. Then, quit out (x) of Preferences tab and quit out of Firefox.
- For Chrome: Open Chrome>go to Preferences>Settings>show advanced settings>Privacy>Content settings>Cookies>Allow local data to be set.
If you still have issues or are receiving messages on your screen, please take a screen shot (screen shot=command+shift+3) with your computer or phone camera and email it to: