Add a printer to your MacBook Air with a USB cable
1. Plug the USB cable from your printer to your computer and make sure your printer is turned on.
2. Go to the Apple menu and pull down to system preferences.
3. On the second row, click on Printers and Scanners.
4. Click on the + sign under the left column.
5. Find your printer and choose it. It should show a USB connection under Kind in the right column.
6. Go to the lower right corner and click add. The printer will go through the set up process and be ready to go.
- Your computer may prompt you at this time to search the internet for printer software if necessary. This process should happen automatically. You may need to search the internet and download software to be installed for your printer. Follow the install prompts and then follow the instructions above.