USD 326 Beef it up Program
LOGAN SCHOOL DISTRICT TO START
“USD 326 BEEF IT UP PROGRAM”
Logan USD 326 is looking into ways to cut expenses in these trying times for schools. In an effort to do this, we are looking into a new program that will “Beef Up” our school food service program. Our district subsidized our lunch program by over $57,000 last year. We hope with help from generous ranchers/farmers, we will be able to cut these expenses, engage the community, and reward the ranching/farming families while providing for the students at USD 326.
We are calling this program “Beef It Up” and are modeling it after the highly successful “Steer a Year” program at Kansas State University and USD 271 (Stockton) Beef Program. We hope to get enough local ranchers/farmers in the area to donate an animal (beef or pork) to USD 326 (via Kensington Lockers) to provide for the ground beef/pork needs of the district’s students.
What are the BENEFITS to ranchers/farmers? If you are interested in donating an animal for harvesting to the “USD 326 Beef It Up Program,” we will provide these things to the rancher/farmer:
- USD 326 will pay all of the costs to process.
- USD 326 will provide donation documentation to the local rancher/farmer. The rancher/farmer can give this to his/her accountant for possible tax credit documentation.
- USD 326 will provide a year of free admission to USD 326 events to the rancher’s/farmer’s families for their donation to the program. This will not include post-season KSHSAA competitions.
- USD 326 will create a banner that will announce: “USD 326 Beef and Pork provided by the generous donations of USD 326 Farmers and Ranchers. Thank you USD 326 Farmers and Ranchers!”
- USD 326 will place an announcement (see above) in all of the USD 326 athletic programs.
It is the hope of USD 326 that this program might be a “win-win” for everyone involved. The district hopes that enough local ranchers/farmers will participate in the program, give back to the local school district, and be recognized for their generous contribution to the students. The district also hopes to reduce our costs in ground beef/pork, provide quality meat for the students, and work closer with local ranch/farm families in the area. If you have additional questions, would like to participate in the “USD 326 Beef it Up Program” or would like to donate towards the processing fees, please contact the USD 326 District Office at 785-689-7595.
Thank you for your consideration!!!
LOGAN USD 326